We are in the process of reopening the UW Archives, Special Collections, and the Wisconsin Historical Society Archives by appointment only. All services are contingent upon staffing being available. For more information see - https://www.library.wisc.edu/library-by-appointment/reading-rooms/
Archives and Special Collections Account
All requests to view special collections and archives materials are now made through an Archives and Special Collections Account. Anyone can create a free Archives and Special Collections Account. This account will allow you to request non-circulating materials for use in these reading rooms:
UW-Madison NetID Users
UW-Madison users include current students, faculty, staff and affiliates with an active NetID.
All users who do not have an active UW-Madison NetID.
The Archives and Special Collections Account is used to:
- Register online to view special collections and archives materials.
- Request materials through our online catalog. Requests can be made in advance of a visit to a reading room, or while in the reading room.
- Schedule a date to use materials in the appropriate reading room.
- Order digital copies of collection materials (Duplication Services).
The Archives and Special Collections Account offers additional features, including the ability to:
- Track the status of all viewing requests and duplication orders.
- Access research history, including past requests.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.