Archives and Special Collections Account
All requests to view special collections and archives materials are now made through an Archives and Special Collections Account. Anyone can create a free Archives and Special Collections Account. This account will allow you to request non-circulating materials for use in these reading rooms:
UW-Madison NetID Users
UW-Madison users include current students, faculty, staff and affiliates with an active NetID.
All users who do not have an active UW-Madison NetID.
The Archives and Special Collections Account is used to:
- Register online to view special collections and archives materials.
- Request materials through our online catalog. Requests can be made in advance of a visit to a reading room, or while in the reading room.
- Schedule a date to use materials in the appropriate reading room.
- Order digital copies of collection materials (Duplication Services).
The Archives and Special Collections Account offers additional features, including the ability to:
- Track the status of all viewing requests and duplication orders.
- Access research history, including past requests.
For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.